During this unprecedented health emergency, we wanted to share with our clients and staff some guidance to help you stay safe and healthy as our region and nation continue to adjust to the coronavirus threat.
Please know that our office will remain open and fully operational during this time to provide the services that our clients need and deserve. We will do our best to protect our clients and staff.
To that end, here are a few things that we can all do as we try to mitigate the risk of infection.
Number 1: Chances of exposure to infection can be reduced by:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Covering mouths and noses with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or using the inside of your elbow
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, including doorknobs, light switches, and phones
- Staying home if sick
Number 2: What to do if you are sick:
- Contact the office at 484-270-4501 as soon as possible
- Suspected cases of coronavirus should be reported to the state at 1-877-PA-HEALTH
- Caregivers SHOULD NOT report to work if they have signs and symptoms of a respiratory infection or feel ill
- If you are at work and begin to feel ill, you should immediately stop work, contact the office and self-isolate at home.
For caregivers who wish to pick up gloves, hand sanitizer or masks, you can contact the office and we will have a limited amount available for your use.
–Saira Hairston, President